Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stir fried green beans

Boy...I love cooking.  At first, I was going to make stir fry green beans with beef and carrot only.  Then I took a look in my fridge and found a couple shrimps and left over king oyster mushroom.  Yes...I added it.  I'm going to be brief on the recipe.  So I used iron steak and marinated in sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, black pepper, and mash garlic for about 5 minutes.  (1st portion) Using a wok on high heat, add cooking oil, onion and garlic (about 20 seconds).  Then add in the beef.  When the beef is half way cooked, add in shrimps and king oyster mushroom and stir until cooked.  Scoop everything out from the wok into a bowl and reuse the wok.  (2nd portion)Make sure the green is pre-steamed (I microwave mine so I don't lose any flavor),  In the wok, add  cooking oil, vegges and oyster sauce.  Stir for about 1 minute and add the 1st portion back in for another 30 seconds.   My friend...I present to you stir fried green beans.
I love having family style dinner.  I get to seat down with my wife and daughter to enjoy a wonderful meal.  I would have rice, soup, thit kho (caramelized pork belly) and my main dish. Happy eating!

No comments: