Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Deep fried tilapia and sweet mild garlicger sauce

No meat on Fridays! No problem.  I present to you my deep fried tilapia.  There was a couple of times I bought fried fish at the Asian market home for dinner.  It was a bad idea because my car smelt oily for a week and half of the fish was soggy.  Looking back, I'm glad that I invested in a deep fryer.  It's pretty big and easy to use.  So please don't try to fry your fish in the house, invest in a deep fryer because it is so convenient and fry it outdoors.
I had the butcher clean just the stomach but keep the scales.  The scales turn very crispy once they are deep fried.  I set my deep fryer to the max at 375 degrees.  I fried the fish for about 10 to 15 minutes and placed it on a paper towel to soak the grease.  Now, the most important of this dish is the fish sauce used to dip the fish with.  Mix together the following: 1 clove of garlic and 1 ginger (same size as the garlic) mashed, 1/2 lime, 1tbs fish sauce, 3/4 tbs sugar (you can always add more sugar if you like it more sweet), and 1/4 tbs chili garlic sauce.  I would call this sauce sweet mild garlicger sauce. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: