Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Creme Brulee

The first time I ever had Creme brulee was when I was at my sister's house for dinner.  Her husband took out this torch and started to torch sugar that was sprinkled on the creme brulee.  Boy, that first bite was amazing!  So creamy and rich.  Thanks sister.  It's time to make my own.   Now here is my recipe on how to make creme brulee.

Ingredients:
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbs of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup heavy cream
- 6 to 8 (5 to 6 oz) ramekins
- don't forget the torch

Instructions:
Preheat oven at 325 degrees.  On medium heat, pour the heavy cream in a saucepan.  Once you see bubbles on the edge, turn off the heat.  In a bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar.  When you think you've blended all the ingredients, slowly pour little by little the heavy cream while whisking everything.  Then, fill the ramekins with the mixture.  Place the ramekins in a large cake pan then pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Before you put it in the oven, my friend Jimmy recommended that I use the torch to get rid of any bubbles.  Now place it in the oven for 30 minutes.  Remove the ramekins from the pan and refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours. Here comes the best part...


 

No comments: